MMR Coyote Billet Secondary Tensioner Bracket for Mustang 5.0L GT 2011-17 | #467893-MMR
Coyote Billet Secondary Tensioner Bracket
for Ford Mustang 5.0L GT 2011-17
Manufactured by MMR | Part #467893
Here is a great new "PATENT PENDING" part that MMR spent most of last year testing.
Ford is notorious for tensioning chains on the wrong side and the 5.0 coyote was no different. Long story short the chains should always be tensioned on the "slack" or loose side.
Unfortunately, Ford missed the boat again so to speak, and the driver side cylinder head on ALL coyote 5.0 engines are tensioned on the wrong side. Many will ask "what does it do?", the answer is it allows for a large sweep (5-6 degrees) of uncontrolled timing and ratcheting of the cam which is very hard on timing chains and allows for erratic cam timing, for those that have ever degreed a modular engine some will notice that it is very hard to make the cams repeat after a few revolutions, this is one reason.
This new part from MMR fixes the problem by essentially flipping the tensioner upside down with a simple billet bracket and also helps eliminate secondary chain failure.
The kits includes the MMR billet bracket and ARP hardware. The Cam sprockets must be removed for installation, otherwise it is a very easy install and should be considered for any serious build.
Like all MMR components this part is Proudly made in USA!
Provisional Patent Number 62/647,350
- Ford Mustang 5.0L GT 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Does Not fit 2018+ - please use #468995-MMR
When purchasing this part the following additional upgrades are highly recommended for
the ultimate timing component setup.
- MMR Coyote Billet Primary Chain Tensioners for Mustang 5.0L / 5.2L 2011-19 | #450568-MMR
- MMR Coyote Billet Chain Guides / Arms Kit for Mustang 2011-19 | #467779-MMR
- MMR SHD Coyote Upgraded Secondary Chains for Mustang / F-150 2011-19 | #467888-MMR
- MMR Coyote Billet Steel Secondary Upper Chain Guides for Ford Mustang / F-150 2011-19 | #467999