WHIPPLE Stage 2 Supercharger (GEN 5) for Mustang 5.0L GT 2015-17 | #WK-2620-STG2-G5
Stage 2 Supercharger (NEW GEN 5)
for Ford Mustang 5.0L GT 2015-17
Manufactured by Whipple Superchargers | Part #WK-2620-STG2-G5
The ALL NEW GEN 5 3.0L Supercharger is Whipple's most powerful supercharger to date built for Ford Mustang 2015-17 engines.
If you want the most advanced, most powerful, most upgradeable and highest quality system available, then here it is! Whipple Superchargers has yet again set a new precedence for bolt-on power and industry-leading durability.
Featuring the new, 5th generation Whipple 3.0L supercharger with an all-new rotor profile and new high flow rotor housing to unleash even more power than ever before.
The Stage 2 Whipple System includes the billet Roval 132mm electronic throttle body, high flow fuel injectors for massive flow capacity and new high flow intercooler pump.
The industry-leading Whipple S550 system makes up to 825 (+390hp) engine horsepower and 640 (+240ft/lb) foot pound of torque on 93 octane fuel! Nearly a 90% power gain with bolting the Whipple SC with its unique Roval 132mm billet throttle body and high flow injectors!
- Most powerful system available (825 BHP), instant boost at the touch of the throttle
- No other upgrades required, just massive power right out of the box (nearly double the stock horsepower)
- Fits under the factory hood with no modifications, completed installation looks factory installed
- No cutting or grinding on the engine block, no cutting or grinding the K-brace and no internal modifications required
- Complete with all necessary parts and hardware for installation, plug and play wiring with male and female connections
- Proven 6-rib belt system with heavy-duty spring loaded tensioner and adjustable idler system or optional 10-rib belt system with matching billet pulleys
- Stainless steel tapered jack-shaft with unique plastic cover (or optional carbon fiber) that allows torsional twist during racing applications
- Available as standard in wrinkle Black, Chrome polish, Ford textured Blue, or select upgrade for any custom color
- Easily upgradeable with bigger intercooler pumps, dual electric Spal 11" high-speed fans, optional supercharger pulleys
- Included OBDII flash tool and the new Flight Control technology
Lead time & Payment Options
Please contact us for the next availability and current lead time.
Due to current demand Nemesis UK has several units due for stock that would be allocated to provide the quickest availability. Otherwise, the normal lead times vary from 3-5 months.
You can also contact us regarding optional payment plans (subject to eligibility criteria) to help spread the cost.
- Ford Mustang 5.0L GT 2015, 2016, 2017 (& pre-facelift 2018 models)
- Ford Mustang 5.0L GT 2015-18 Stage 1 Supercharger see #WK-2620-STG1
- For later 2018-21 (including 2018 facelift) see #WK-2625-STG1 or #WK-2625-STG2
Expand the fields below for more information.
- Inverted front entry W185ax (3.0 liters) Whipple twin-screw supercharger that significantly outperforms competitions 1.9L and 2.3L roots-type systems (front entry design can be up to 8% more efficient than a side/rear entry)
- 3.0L is 30% larger than 2.3L roots-type allowing lower power consumption and lower discharge temps to flow the same amount of air (more power to the rear wheels)
- Oversized Crusher™ inlet for maximum airflow capacity and minimal rotor cavitation (unique Roval 150mm inlet)
- Front feed allows for oversized intercooler core compared to other smaller intercooler cores giving Whipple lower air charge temps which allows more boost and timing to be run on pump gas
- Patent-pending triple core intercooler system for industry-leading air temps
- The largest air-to-water aluminum bar-plate intercooler in the industry (over 33% larger than the competition) offers more cooling than any other positive displacement system available, nothing comes close
- Massive oversized aluminum intercooler reservoir (over 2 gallons) holds more than double any competitors IC water system allowing longer more consistent power levels vs. competition
- Whipple Superchargers massive oversized intercooled air-bypass system for industry-leading reduction of burst knock and incredible fuel economy
- Whipple Tomahawk allows wheel/tire axle changes (A Whipple exclusive)
- 72LB/HR fuel injectors vs others 47LB/HR that others use which severely limits power potential
- Self-contained oversized oil system for dramatically reduced oil temps in even the most demanding conditions
- Exclusive 3x5 rotor combo for significant increase in airflow under the curve than less efficient 4x6 rotor combo or 4x4 roots
- Center discharge port for better cylinder to cylinder distribution then other twin-screws with cobbled together billet adapters and forward facing discharge
- More boost at the "hit" than any other twin-screw
- Flat torque curve for incredible acceleration
- Oversized heat exchanger for incredible intercooler water temps, 150% more volume than competition, standard with every kit
- Unique oil level sight glass for easy oil level and quality check, no dipstick to bind or misread
The Whipple Fuel System
The Whipple Supercharger Stage 1 SC system features the high flowing DW 72 lb/hr fuel injectors. These EV6 flow matched fuel injectors offer enough fuel capacity for the massive power gains. Each system comes with extruded, 6AN billet fuel rails with 1/8" NPT port for fuel psi checking or gauges. No other fuel system modifications are required. *Vehicles with 75k mileage should replace the fuel pump and fuel filter due to deterioration. The DW415 fuel pump is a direct replacement and increases significant increase in flow capacity.
Front Inlet vs Rear Inlet
The Whipple front feed system is far superior to other, smaller supercharger rear-inlet based SC systems for a very simple reason, less inlet restrictions. The fact is simple, the front entry systems do not require multiple 90deg bends or one sweeping 180deg bend before the SC inlet, which causes unequal rotor filling and lower volumetric efficiency. The new Whipple system only has 1 gradual bend, less than half that of the rear entry style systems. Rear inlet systems also sacrifice the rear inlet to clear the firewall in most cases, or there’s a big need to slide the SC too far forward, making the discharge pointed up and away from the intercooler core, making the air have to make another turn just to get to the intercooler core. It’s simple, the more work the air has to do, the lower the power gains are going to be.
Why choose Whipple Superchargers?
Nobody puts more time and resources into the development than Whipple. The proof is in the product, more power per lb of boost than any other system.
The key to making such incredible reliable power is in the Whipple unique twin-screw supercharger, massive air-to-water intercooler, oversized Crusher air system, and innovative PCM programming that keeps the power-train safe and secure.
Whether you’re looking for a daily driver that needs a little more punch or you’re craving a tire-frying, rubber shredding street machine, the Whipple Supercharger system delivers like no other SC system today.
Power from tip in to redline, the new Whipple SC system makes incredible power across the entire rpm range while maintaining industry-leading drive-ability.
With years of OEM and racing experience, Whipple engineers have developed a unique PCM calibration that reconfigures all the necessary engine functions including fuel, spark, knock detection, torque management, transmission control, and electronic throttle control. The vehicle's PCM constantly monitors the engine's torque output while monitoring many different parameters to keep the engine in its ideal parameters. If a parameter falls below specification, the PCM will lower boost and torque output until the problem can be cured. No other calibration in the field has such technology, giving the Whipple SC system unheralded performance and reliability.
Each Whipple kit comes with Tomahawk OBD 2 flash tool and its unique software giving you the ability to flash/update whenever needed. Each customer also gets the ability to adjust wheel/axle size, octane adjustment, crank/cam relearn and many other unique features.
The Whipple Advantage
The Whipple Advantage is designed into every Whipple SC system. This advantage is broken down into 5 categories during the design and testing phases which truly sets Whipple apart from others:
- Best power for money.
- Most complete package.
- Maximum power.
- Maximum power expandability.
- Aesthetic appeal.
What does this mean? You get it all, in one package. Massive power gains with the biggest superchargers, biggest intercoolers, biggest intercooler systems, biggest air-inlet systems while providing robust belt systems and heavy-duty spring tensioners. The intake manifold is designed with high velocity in mind, while increasing plenum volume to lower pressure loss at high power applications.
You then get OEM style fuel and vacuum hoses with nylon sheaving for added protection and appeal, OEM style quick connect fittings with billet aluminum fittings. No ugly brass fittings hanging off the inlet like some others. Wire extensions are injection molded to allow simple plug-and-play installations. Each system also has multiple options for increased performance such as oversized heat-exchangers with dual fans, billet high flow throttle bodies, oversized cold air intake systems just to name a few.
Each kit comes with step-by-step instruction manuals printed in color to help all installers, including the do-it-yourselfer. Kits come with all the fasteners, all color matched for proper aesthetic appeal.
So don’t be fooled by others, there is no comparing to the Whipple supercharger systems, simply the top of the line packages designed and built to exceed all expectations.